PLEASE REVIEW THE FOLLOWING STEPS TO RENT ONE OF OUR HOMES.
Thank you for applying for a rental property through REfolio Properties.
Please review the following information before submitting your application.
THIS APPLICATION DOES NOT SECURE A RENTAL PROPERTY. ONLY A SIGNED LEASE AND PAID SECURITY DEPOSIT SECURES A RENTAL PROPERTY.
ALERT! This system will accept multiple applications for the same unit: please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to check the status of a unit or you have any other questions. Applications can be applied to more than one of our units once submitted. We cannot take a unit off the market until a lease is secured.
*ALL APPLICATION FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE* Background checks are completed immediately upon submission to a third-party, Resident Research LLC and cannot be refunded as the service has been rendered.
To complete this rental application, you must be prepared to provide/disclose the requested information. If you have questions after reading the below requirements about credit, income, pets, etc. Please reach out prior to applying.
Please have income (3x monthly rent) and/or employment verification, residence history, and photo ID ready for the applicants and a photo ID for all residents 18 or older.
- Credit Check – Credit score minimum 600 or more and some properties may require higher.
- Security Deposit of 1 month or more based on overall background check.
- Security deposit is due when the lease is executed. SECURITY DEPOSITS MUST BE PAID BY CASHIER’S CHECK, ONLINE PAYMENT, OR MONEY ORDER.
- Renters insurance required. Applicants must obtain the required Renter’s Insurance by your lease signing date. $300,000 liability coverage is REQUIRED.
- We do not accept Section 8 vouchers, or any applicants with outstanding balance due to the current/previous landlords.
- Tenant onboarding fee $150 Due at time of lease execution.
- PETS – Please note that some of our rentals allow pets and some do not. Contact us beforehand and inquire about the property if you are unsure. See requirements for pets below about pet deposits, pet rent, etc.
- Some properties may require additional information. You will be notified if additional items are needed.
Application fees and Income Proof Information
- Non-refundable application fee of $50 per applicant (includes one income verification. More than one income verification will require an additional fee). Applicants are lease holders. If more than one person wants their income to count towards the qualifications, they must submit their own application. Income can be combined to qualify but both individuals’ credit, eviction and rental history must meet our qualifications.
- MULTIPLE APPLICANTS: Is there going to be more than one lessee applying/on the lease? Please apply separately. If any other applicants intend to apply for a property with you, on each application please put the other applicant’s name in the additional comment section. Do Not put another applicant under additional occupants or you will be charged for their background check twice @ $20/occupant.
- The additional occupant section is only for dependents ages 18+ – an adult dependent occupant is an authorized occupant, not responsible for the lease term. We will not include their income during the application process. Anyone wanting their income included on the application MUST be a leaseholder. These adult dependents (non-applicant) age 18 or older require an individual criminal report for additional $20 through Resident Research LLC.
Verifiable income information
- Many employers will not verify the salary of their employee over the phone, so you may be asked to provide a recent pay stub. Verifiable income is income that can be proven with a pay stub, tax filing, or other legal document.
- If you are self-employed, you will need a copy of last 2 years tax return.
- If you are retired, we will need a recent bank statement and last year tax return.
- If your Employer used Work Number to verify your employment status, the applicant will need to pay $20 to Resident Research for verifying the employment status through Work Number.
*ALL APPLICATION FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE*
- We require a refundable pet deposit no less than $400 per pet. Some landlords may ask for a non-refundable pet deposit or pet rent, please contact us if you have any questions. All pet deposits and fees are at the discretion of the landlord.
- Our application requires a completed pet profile through PetScreening.com. If you do not already have one you will be asked to create one. Pet screening has fees involved and are to be paid to PetScreening.com. Use this link to fill out your pet screening. We suggest completing this prior to the application. Then you can save the page’s URL and paste into the application when prompted – https://refolioproperties.petscreening.com/